1. Brainstorm a list of conflicts that come to mind when you think about 1) situations that continue to be uncomfortable and you wish you had addressed differently when they arose or 2) situations, upcoming during the pilot time period, that you know from experience will be uncomfortable for you and you'd like to approach differently.
2. Which of the conflicts you listed above are 1) high stakes enough that you feel uncomfortable thinking about addressing it, 2) low stakes enough that using it for practice likely won't result in messing up any chance of having a good relationship with the other person or seriously jeopardizing you getting your needs met if you don't do it perfectly, and 3) timely for the course (you'll be preparing to address the conflict for the first 4 weeks and addressing it in week 5 and you'll need to have some control over that schedule)?
3. Which situation do you believe will work best as your practice case? (If you need help choosing, send the form with the next several questions blank and I'll send you some feedback/questions to consider.)
4. Briefly describe the conflict. Who is involved and what is your relationship?
5. What triggered the conflict? What has contributed to it since?
6. How has the conflict impacted you/your relationship?
7. What do you hope the impacts of addressing the conflict collaboratively will be?