Mediation is a confidential, voluntary process that empowers the parties involved in a conflict to find their own resolutions. The role of the neutral mediator is to facilitate a process which helps people to find solutions which meet the interests (needs) of all parties to the conflict.
Mediation is used in formal and informal contexts to resolve conflict in a variety of situations.
This interactive, 35-hour experiential course will be taught in two parts and will introduce and build the communication, active listening and problem-solving skills necessary for effective facilitation of the 6-Step Interest-Based Mediation Process.
Part 1: May 14 – June 3, 2020 | $595 +HST
During This Live Online 4-week Course You Will Learn:
• 5 Styles of Conflict Resolution, and When the Style We Use for Mediation is Appropriate
• The Key Principles, Benefits and Applications of Mediation
• The Roles and Responsibilities of a Mediator
• The Key Communication Skills of an Interest-Based Mediator
• The 6 Steps of Interest-Based Mediation
Who Should Take This Course:
This course will benefit those with responsibility for supporting others to manage and address conflict, including managers, supervisors, HR managers, and professionals who support clients to manage conflict. This 35 hour course provides an excellent foundation for those interested in offering professional mediation services.
Part 1 Course Components:
The format will include presentation, demonstration, skills practice and small and large group discussions. In between sessions, short homework activities will support you to integrate the skills. Downloadable materials and a certificate for 14 credit hours in Interest-Based Mediation training from CollabrationSchool.Com are included in the course registration fee.
Course Dates And Times:
Live sessions will be held in a secure zoom room (and will be recorded, though live attendance is strongly encouraged for maximum learning) from 1:00 – 4:15 (with a 30-minute break to stretch and re-energize) on:
• Thursday, May 14
• Thursday, May 21
• Thursday, May 28
• Wednesday, June 3
Interest-Based Mediation Part 2:
$895 plus hst
During 3 full days of training in Charlottetown, PEI (dates TBD), we will dive deep into the 6-Step process, with lots of opportunity for practice and coaching. Participants will:
• Increase Understanding and Comfort with the 6-Step Mediation Process
• Apply Communication Techniques Learned in Part 1 to the Steps of Mediation
• Deepen Skills in Identifying Key Issues and Interests to be Addressed
• Be Introduced to the Steps in Preparing for Mediation
• Apply The 6 Steps of Interest-Based Mediation in Groups
Materials will be provided and participants will receive a certificate for 21 credit hours in Interest-Based Mediation training. Registration for Part 2 is not yet available.
Interest-Based Mediation Part 1